This type of noodles called rice stick noodles or bihon vermicelli is relatively easy to prepare with plenty of vegetables added.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 pack Pack of rice stick noodles ( pancit bihon)
- 1/4 lb Pork belly, cut
- 1/2 lb Devein shrimp but leave the tail
- 1/4 cup Vegetable oil
- 1 pc Carrot
sliced into thin long strips
- 1 cup Cabbage shredded
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 small Onion sliced
- 1 cup Shrimp broth
boiled and mashed all the heads of the shrimp
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tsp Fish sauce
- 1 pinch Salt and pepper to taste
Soak noodles in warm water until softened. Drain and set aside.
In a big wok, add the pork belly and let the oil come out. Take the pork and live the oil.
Add vegetable oil and saute garlic and onion until it fragrance and add shrimp and stir- fry together around 2 minutes and take it out the half-cooked shrimp and set aside.
Pour shrimp broth to the wok and let it boil in medium heat. Add sliced carrots and bihon and let it simmer for about 2 minutes and add on the shredded cabbage, half-cooked shrimp, fish sauce and season it with salt and pepper. Let it simmer around 3 minutes.
Turn it into high heat and keep stirring until it constantly cooked and dried. Serve with rice, or bread and sprinkle it with lemon or calamansi.
- You can use chicken and also chicken broth if you are allergic to shrimp.
- You can add on stalks of celery, snow bean peas, bell pepper or red chili to add a little bit of spicy,
- Do not overcook shrimp and vegetables.
- You can add chicken powder for seasoning.
- You can add on pork liver or chicken liver.