Do your children eat ampalaya (bitter melon)? If not, try this recipe of mine. It is easy to cook it’s likely your children would love it. I creatively cooked it that your children might think it is not an ampalaya but pancake variation.
- 1 whole of ampalaya, sliced thinly
- 50 g minced pork
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- pinch of salt and dash of pepper powder
- 1 glove garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 eggs, scrambled
- Wash and cut ampalaya into half, use a spoon to remove seed and slice it thinly.
- In a big bowl, put sliced ampalaya, eggs, minced pork, minced shallot, minced garlic, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- In a wok, heat oil. Add small portion of the mixture or use a big full spoon and form it like a pancake or a round shape and fry until cooked.
- Repeat the steps until the mixture is finished. Add cooking oil if necessary.
- Serve with rice.
- Use a non-stick pan, so you will less oil.
- Make sure you cut the ampalaya thinly, so easy to cook and easy to eat with your kids.
Don’t let it burn.