Sweet and Sour Fish
- Cooking oil for frying
- 2 medium size fish (tilapia, labahita, salmon, galunggong) – cleaned and washed.
- salt to sprinkle into the fish (asnan nyo muna)
- 2 knobs ginger, sliced thinly
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and thinly sliced.
- 2 cups pineapple chunks – reserve the juice
- 1 small carrot, peeled and thinly sliced.
- 1 cup pineapple juice reserved
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp banana ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 red, green and orange bell pepper, seeded and sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 1/4 cup water
- Wrap fish with salt and then fry until it becomes crispy, golden brown. Set aside.
- Remove the frying oil and leave about 2 tbsp to continue cooking with the rest of the ingredients.
- Saute ginger, garlic and onion.
- Add drained pineapple chunks and thinly sliced carrots.
- Add pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, banana ketchup and water. Stir the mixture and let it boil.
- Add red, green and orange bell pepper strips.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add cornstarch mixture if you want to make the mixture thick.
- Place mixture over fried fish.
- Garnish with scallions then serve.