Spare Ribs Soup and Pechay
This type of soup I cooked is ideally served for lunch or dinner; most especially during rainy season or cool places that makes your body warmer. This is also a temporary relief of cold and also even if you are sick, this soup can help you recover from that sickly feeling.
- 1 lb pork spareribs, cut into portion
- 1 big white onion, sliced
- 5 pcs peppercorn
- dash of salt
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- Wash pechay properly and set aside.
- In a deep casserole, saute pork spareribs and sliced onion. Stir constantly until pork change to browny.
- Add 2 cups of boiling water and peppercorn, cover with lid and simmer for about 1 and 1/2 hours or more until the pork spareribs are tender.
- Add pechay and season with salt and fish sauce. Simmer them for another 1 minute.
- Serve with rice while still hot.
- Add on potato, tomato, beans, cabbage, carrot, turnip, yam, or any green leafy vegetables.
- For sour taste or we called it sinigang, you can add sampalok, or sa bayabas or gabi ( yam). It is up to you, its your choice.
- Do not over cook green leafy vegetables.
Another term for pechay: chinese cabbage, pak choi..