Paksiw na Talakitok
Talakitok or we call it “bigeye trevally fish or cavalla fish” in English is a popular kind of fish not only in the Philippines but also all over the world. Although I featured a few other varieties of isdang paksiw, I will show how it’s done with this fish we call talakitok.
- 1 big pcs of talakitok fish
- shredded ginger
- mashed 2 gloves garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- pinch of fish sauce
- Wash and cut fish into pieces.
- Heat a pan and cooking pot then pour-in vinegar and water.
- Add salt and whole peppercorn then stir. Bring to a boil.
- Arrange the fish in the pan along with the ginger and garlic. Cover and simmer in low to medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve hot with steamed rice. Share and enjoy!
- You can add finger chili and garnish with spring onion.
- Optional also some vegetables added such as eggplant, bitter melon, string beans, etc..
- Choose fish that is still fresh. As much as possible is still alive.
- Wash and clean fish thoroughly.