Camote Tops Salad
Camote tops are very often eaten as local salad. This is a plant that was introduced during the Spanish period to our country. Camote which is a native to tropical America is scientifically known as Ipomoea batatas.
- 1 catty camote tops ( sweet potato leaves) or in chinese (yam)
- 2-3 fresh tomatoes (cut into cubes)
- few of ginger (cut into small cubes)
- 2 shallot (sliced)
- Dash of salt
- 1tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice (kalamansi)
- Wash the vegetable and drain it thoroughly.
- Immerse it in a boiling water quickly and drain.
- Mix all the remaining ingredients and the seasoning. It should be a little bit sour. And Serve.
- Don’t overcook or else you’ll lose the main nutrients.
- You can also put brown sugar or honey as a healthier alternative.
- This vegetable can enhance your platelet and especially helpful to those recovering from dengue fever.
- Sweet potato antioxidants are higher in the leaves than in the tops, but higher in the tops than in the roots and petioles.