Pinoy Sawsawan Recipe
Sawsawan or we call it in English “dip/ dipping” is a common part of a Filipino meal. Wherever in the world we Filipinos find ourselves in, one of the first things we do after sitting down for a meal is prepare the sawsawan. Lunch or dinner would not be complete without it.
- 2 cups of vinegar
- 1 cup Fish sauce ( Patis)
- 1/2 Sili Labuyo (Bird’s Eye chilli) , cut
- 1 red or green chili pepper
- 1 whole garlic, minced
- 2 shallot, minced
- In a big jar or container, mix all the ingredients. Cover the mixture and store it in a cool place.
- During the storage, the more longer it is, is a better fragrance taste of sawsawan.
- Dipping for fish, grilled pork neck (any grilled pork) or any as you wish to use this for dipping.