The word beef steak has several meanings:
- A steak cut from beef cattle.
- Beefsteak plant, also known as perilla and shiso.
- Beefsteak (tomato), a name given to a type of large, meaty tomatoes.
- Beefsteak fungus
- Beefsteak mushroom, an alternate name for the false morel
- 3/4 kilo beef ( lean)
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 gloves of garlic (minced or sliced)
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 white onion ( sliced)
- 4 tbsp cooking oil
- Wash and cut up the beef into about 1/4″ strips or thin sliced.
- In a bowl, mix soy sauce, garlic and lemon juice. Taste it and adjust it later while cooking the meat and add the necessary to add.
- Season the meat with ground pepper.
- Add meat to soy sauce mixture and stir to let it soak up the marinade evenly for about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Heat wok and add 1 tbsp of cooking oil to saute slice onion a bit then take aside.
- Add the remaining cooking oil. Pan-fry the beef until a little bit brown on both sides.
- Pour the marinade sauce int the wok and bring to a slow fire to let it simmer until the meat thoroughly cooked.
- Taste it and adjust the sauce. It’s either the soy sauce or lemon juice or to suit your taste and cook a little bit more.
- Put the beef in the platter and arrange the slice onion and pour all the remaining sauce on top.
- Serve it while it’s hot and with rice.