Celery (kintsay in Filipino) provides an excellent source of vitamin C and fiber. It is a very good source of folic acid, potassium, and vitamins B1 and B6. Celery also offers a good source of vitamin B2 and calcium.
Table of Contents
- whole celery
- 4 gloves of garlic (minced)
- 100g chicken (strips)
- 1 tbs cooking oil
- 1 tbs light soy sauce
- 1 tbs corn starch
- few of ground pepper
- 2 tbps oyster sauce
- 1 tbs chicken powder
- Cut and wash chicken. Marinate it at least 15 minutes.
- Remove the outside stalks. These are tough and tend to be bitter. Cut off the bottom hunk of the celery. Peel and slice it accordingly.
- Heat the wok with 2tbsp cooking oil.
- Saute minced garlic. Add the marinated chicken strips until the meat is well done.
- Put sliced celery. Add seasoning keep stirring until it half cook
- Don’t overcook. Make sure that celery is still crunchy.
- You can make a juice out of it.
- Raw celery is more nutritious than cooked celery.
- Studies have also shown that celery may help to lower cholesterol and prevent cancer by improving detoxification.
- Celery extract that contains 85% 3nB, has been shown to be effective in the treatment of “rheumatism”. That is the general term used for arthritic and muscular aches and pains.