Stir-fry Udon With Stripped Chicken Fillet
Udon is a type of thick wheat-flour noodle of Japanese cuisine. It is usually served hot as noodle soup in its simplest form as kake udon, in a mildly flavoured broth called kakejiru which is made of dashi, soy sauce (shōyu), and mirin.
- 2 packed udon noodles
- 1 whole white onion
- 150 g chicken fillet
- spring onions
- pak choi cabbage
- 1 cup chicken stock/broth
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp vegetables oil
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce/4 tbsp Japanese soy sauce
- In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil. Add chicken fillet and stir-fry until white throuhout ; 3 minutes; transfer to a plate.
- In a same skillet add another 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil sautee onion and cabbage for few minutes and transfer to a plate.
- Add the stock, soy sauce, sesame oil. Let it boil and then add udon noodles. Let it simmer a while.
- Put cooked chicken fillet,onions, and cabbage. Keep stirring until the sauce absorb by the noodles. Then, garnish shredded spring onions.
- It is usually topped with thinly chopped scallions.
- Other common toppings include tempura, often prawn or kakiage (a type of mixed tempura fritter), or abura age, a type of deep-fried tofu pockets seasoned with sugar, mirin, and soy sauce.
- You can also add shrimps, pork, beef, mushrooms, carrots and green vegetables.
- Do not overcook.
- You can serve it hot or cold.