My husband and I went to a Thai restaurant in Causeway Bay and I was inspired to prepare one this unforgettable dish: Thai beef salad. It is a spicy blend of beef, assorted herbs and often wrapped in lettuce. I love this dish so please forgive me for including Thai recipe in our Pinoy food recipe website.
- 2 beef rump steak
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp finely chopped dark palm sugar
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 4 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 garlic glove, crushed
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- Thai basil
- chili powder
- Whisk together lime juice, palm sugar, fish sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic in a jug.
- Place steak in a glass bowl. Drizzle it with half dressings. Cover it and put it in the fridge turning occasionally.
- Grill or fan-fry the marinated beef about 2-3 minutes each side in a medium heat. Transfer to a plate and cover with aluminum foil and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Thinly slice beef. Drizzle it with the remaining dressings and gently toss to combine together with mint leaves,pieces of coriander, shredded onion, some chili powder and Thai basil. Mix thoroughly.
- Serve with lettuce.
- Don’t overcook the beef or else you will have a hard texture.
- Adjust the chili powder accordingly to your preference or the people that you are serving this dish.
- Best if consumed immediately after cooking.
- It is good for the appetizer or starter.