Abundant of bananas in our countries is an advantage. You can use to it by baking, making a drink out of it, banana chips, banana cue, pinaypay na saging and so many more. This is the advantage that I live in a tropical country.
Banana offers a lot of nutrients such as Vitamin C, iron, Calcium, and fiber. Being creative means multiple variations of banana recipes, from the popular maruya / banana cue, as an ingredient to binignit / bilo bilo or even meat extenders for pork stew. In this presentation I am baking the banana cake.
- 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp.baking soda
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cups mashed bananas( lakatan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift together sugar, flour,baking powder,baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Add milk to the mixture slowly, slowly and mix the flour until it’s moistened.
- Add eggs, bananas, and yogurt. Beat until smooth.
- Pour into greased baking pan. Bake for 40 minutes or until done.
- You can add a vanilla or banana flavored essence.
- Use toothpick to check your cake if it’s done or needs more time to cook.
- You can add it with raisin and wall nuts.
- You can also garnish it with a caster sugar.