I used different type of seafood cooking for this variety of vegetables called “Chop Suey”. Chop Suey is one of the best dishes for Pinoy taste in terms of cooking vegetables. I found it very colorful and tasty. In this type of dish, I made sure to it that it will not overload the seafood ingredients. Hence, I still emphasize the vegetable.
- 8 pcs. prawn, shelled
- 6 sliced squid, cut into square
- 5 pcs. mussels , boiled and disregard hafl shell
- 1 whole white fish fillet, cut into strips
- 100 grams of mushroom
- 100 grams snow peas bean
- 1 medium size carrot, sliced thinly
- 1 medium size sayote, sliced thinly
- 1 small size cauliflower, cut into floweret
- 1 small size brocolli, cut into floweret
- 1/2 small size cabbage, cut into wedges
- 1 stalk celery, separate leaves, stem sliced thinly
- 2 small size onion, minced
- 1/2 head garlic, chopped
- 5 pcs fish ball cut into half
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp seafood soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- dash ground pepper
- dash of salt
Use the head of the prawn and add 1 cup of water. Let it boil around 15 minutes in a low heat and also add mussels until cooked. Set aside the cooked mussels and throw away the prawn head and use the soup later.
- In a non- stick pan, fry fish fillet until cook and set aside.
- In a big deep wok, heat cooking oil and sautee chopped garlic and minced onion until fragrance appear.
- Add prawns, sliced fish ball and sliced squid. Stir well using a medium heat. Follow the seafood broth. Let it boil, then add sayote, carrots, cauliflower, and broccoli mix well and cover using the wok lid and let it simmer around 2 minutes.
- Put all the seasoning except salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly and let it simmer a little bit. Then add all the remaining vegetables and cover again using wok lid until cooked. Add cooked mussels and cooked fish fillet.
- Pour the thickening mixture and mix well. Add salt and pepper if it is necessary.
- You can add a baby corn, Chinese pechay cabbage, bell pepper and green beans.
- Do not overcooked all the ingredients .
- You can also use chicken broth.
- Alternative of seafood for cooking a chopsuey are chicken fillet and lean pork or pork belly.
- Optional boiled egg added or quail eggs.
- Do not overlap your meat than the vegetables.
- Add cooked fillet at the last.
- Adjust the thickening sauce if it is necessary. Pour the mixture slowly and so you can adjust it if is needed or not.
- You can eat with out rice.
- Fresh seafood is better than a frozen one.