Stewed Duck with Sour Plums
- 1 duck
- 3 sour plums (cored)
- 1 tbsp fermented soy beans paste
- 1 quarter dried mandarin peel (soaked in water until soft)
- 2 tbsp granulated brown sugar
- 1 tbsp shaoxing wine
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- Rub the skin of duck with coarse salt. Wash and drain. Mix with marinate and leave for 1/2 hour.
- Put duck into the hot oil. Deep fry until the skin of duck is golden. Remove and drain.
- Finely chop sour plums, fermented soy bean paste and dried tangerine peel together. Add granulated brown sugar and mix well. Place the mixture evenly over the skin of the duck.
- Put duck into a steaming basket. Stew over high heat for 1/2 hour. Reduce to low heat and stew for another 1 hour. remove duck and cut into pieces and transfer to a plate. Pour sauce and serve.