Australian Spareribs in Wuxi Style
- 400 g Australian pork spare ribs
- 50 g rushed rock sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp Zhejiang vinegar or Chinkiang Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Shaoxing wine
- little ground white pepper
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Wash spareribs and wipe to dry.
- Heat a little of oil. Fry spareribs till both sides are light brown. Add seasonings. Simmer over low heat for 1/2 hour.
- Pour in vinegar and rock sugar. Simmer over low heat for 10 min. Till the sauce is thick. Cut the spareribs into sections and serve.
Photo credit: GreggwittwoGs