Tell me I’m crazy, but it’s true. I created another version of adobo which also makes use of okra as main ingredient. This is unusual and uncommon recipe’s that I cooked. Believe it or not, I found it very delicious.
- 500 g of pork spareribs, cut in to a small chunk
- 2 gloves of garlic, minced
- 2 bundle of okras, sliced
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tbsp. cooking oil
- 1/8 cup soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 long chili, slice thinly
- Wash pork spareribs and drain.
- Wash and slice okra and let it also drain.
- In a big wok, saute garlic and shallot with a hot cooking oil.
- Add spareribs, saute for a while. Then add soy sauce. Let it simmer in a low heat for 15 minutes. (Add a little bit of water if it is necessary). Pour vinegar and let it boil for a while.
- Add sliced okras and let it boil together in a low fire for about 5 minutes or more Adjust the fire into medium heat and keep stirring until the sauce is thicken..
- Season to taste of salt and pepper and add vinegar or soy sauce if it is necessary,
- Garnish with thinly slice chili red pepper.
- Wash okra thoroughly before slicing instead of after slicing.
- Add more chili for a better spicy taste (obviously).
- Instead of okra, you can also use an eggplant with same procedure.