Chicken Pork Adobo is a great combination of pork and chicken meat. Adobo is the name of a popular dish and cooking process in Philippine cuisine that involves meat or can be also seafood marinated in a sauce of vinegar and garlic.
- 1/2 kilo pork cut in cubes + 1/2 kilo chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup vinegar
- 2 cups of water
- 5 laurel leaves (bay leaves)
- 4 tablespoons of cooking oil or olive oil or vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a big sauce pan or wok, heat 4 tablespoons of oil then sauté the minced garlic and onions.
- Add the pork and chicken to the pan. Add 2 cups of water, 1/4 cup of soy sauce, vinegar, and the bay leaves.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or when meat is tender.Add salt and/or pepper if desired and simmer for an additional 5 minutes or more. Desired if you want to remain have sauce to thicken or make it a little bit dry and brown.Serve hot with the adobo gravy and rice.
- You can saute also a piece of ginger in the hot cooking oil and it gives a good fragrance of ginger in the oil.
- You can also add cornstarch to thicken the sauce.
- Optional ingredients is lemon grass.