Chicken, Pork Liver Adobo Mix
Actually, this type of adobo is the same version that we used to have. I just only add another part of pork meat which is the liver. Every time I cook adobo, I make sure that I have enough steam rice.
Most of the Filipinos really love to eat adobo. It is already part of a Filipino cuisine. Even though it has a different version but it is still has adobo taste and variation from other nationalities are also available.
- 400g of pork belly, cut into cubes
- 400g of chicken, cut into pieces
- 200g of pork liver, cut into cubes
- 3 pcs.bay leaves
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp powder pepper
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 whole garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. cooking oil
- 2 pcs. shallot, minced
- Wash, slice and drain all the meats.
- Marinate pork liver with dash of powder pepper, dash of salt, dash of sesame oil, and little bit of vinegar for about 10 minutes..
- In a large wok. Heat oil. Saute garlic and onion. Still-fry pork and chicken until it turns to brown. Add soy sauce,vinegar, and ground pepper. Simmer for 20 minutes in a low fire.
- After 20 minutes add salt, powder pepper, bay leaves and pork liver. Mix and stir evenly in a medium fire. Simmer for another 5 minutes until meats are tender and thicken the sauce.
- Taste it and adjust the seasoning according to your taste and preferences.
- Share and serve with rice.
- Don’t overcook the pork liver and make sure it is still juicy. The juicer the better.
- The cooked product can have a sauce or you can remain it dry with sauce.
- Put sufficient vinegar.